I tend to be a perfectionist. I expect a lot from myself and I expect that whatever I do should be perfect. Unfortunately, I am a person as well and so that means I am rarely if ever perfect. I also have a tendency to put things off because I can't do them perfectly and this blog has been one of those things (obviously). Today I realized that I don't always have to have perfect things to share that are deep or even thought out for days. I do not have to have a full length devotional to share, I can share what is on my heart today. So today I will share what is on my heart.

Lately I have been thinking about how I wish sometimes people who do and say crazy things wouldn't call themselves Christians, because it pushes so many people further away from the gospel. This morning I had the thought- What if Christians started loving and doing good so much that people who aren't Christians knew us by our love to the point that when someone does something un-christlike in the name of Christianity it was obvious that it isn't what being a Christ follower is all about? What if we began to love the way Jesus loved and lived the way Jesus did? What if we went around doing good, even when we are tired, mistreated or misunderstood?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely

What is Truth?

Worthy