God can redeem what seems to be unredeemable

  

Let's face it, Rona has messed a lot of things up. The stress level of many has reached epic proportions. So many parents now not only have to make the normal decisions that come with raising children, they have to make decisions that seem almost impossible. Do they send their children to school? Do they have them learn virtually? Do they switch to homeschooling? How do they keep their children as safe as theycan, while still providing for their every day needs? It is easy to ask in a time like this if God is there and if he is listening.
    We see in Roman's 8:28 that God promises to work all things to good for those that love Him. During this time it seems almost impossible to believe anything good can come from this, but there are good things still around us. In order to find them we have to be careful what we are listening to, watching, and saying. 
    This week I have realized that I have to really guard my heart in this area. So far during the pandemic I have been blessed to be mostly at home and able to really focus on my Bible studies and take Bible classes. I have been able to have more quiet time than ever before and have been able to really focus on my relationship with God. I found that I have had more peace than I probably have ever had in my life. 
    As a teacher I had to report back to the school this week and I find that I am having to really be careful to whom and what I listen to. Things are less than ideal at work. Not only is the pandemic going on, our school is in the middle of a MAJOR renovation which is making life much more difficult for the staff. It is hard to keep a positive mindset in the midst of this, but it is even harder if I allow myself to be around people who are constantly pointing out the negative about it. I realized today I have to be more careful to guard what I hear- and what I say.
    This is part of life, though. We can always find the negative, the uncomfortable and the things that we don't like. It is easy to focus on those things and make sure that everyone around us is as well. Instead, we need to keep our eye out for the good. We need to remember that God has a special way of redeeming what seems unredeemable. There will be good if we look for it- don't let yourself be so consumed by the negative that you miss this positive.


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely

What is Truth?

Worthy